If you're like most Ring Camera owners, you use these security cameras to keep an eye on your property when you're not home. But what happens if you need to turn off your camera temporarily for one reason or another.
Turning off your Ring Camera the wrong way can cause problems, but with this guide, you'll be able to do it the right way every time. Keep reading for tips on how to turn off your Ring Camera in just a few easy steps.
What is a Ring Camera?
A ring camera uses motion detection technology along with motion recording to quickly detect if someone is standing at your front door. The ring camera can be easily controlled from your phone using the ring app.
Still, many people feel apprehensive thinking that these ring cameras can spy on them. That is why we have created this article to help you understand how to disable the ring camera.
If you are not sure how to disable your ring products, we are here to help!
This article will walk you through the steps to temporarily disabling your ring camera.
What is the Ring App?
The ring app is an app that you can download on your smartphone to control any indoor or outdoor cameras in your house.
With the Ring app, you have the ability to switch between different cameras in your house. You can turn them on and off, change settings, or even move the camera itself. You can basically monitor all the activity around it and manipulate its settings.
But how to disable Ring camera features?
4 Different Ways to Disable a Ring Camera
One of the great things about ring cameras or the Ring Doorbell Pro is that they help keep your house safe 24/7.
Now, there are some cases where you don't want to keep the camera on all the time.
If you are performing maintenance, or renovating the house you need to be able to disable your ring camera. To do that, you need to learn how to disable ring camera features.
Here are some of the methods used for turning off a ring camera.
1. Disable Ring Camera Doorbell Motion Sensitivity
Most modern home security systems have ring cameras installed in a video doorbell.
Many users like this because these ring cameras are very sleek, elegant, and virtually undetectable for strangers.
In order to disable motion detection in the ring doorbell you must:
- open the ring app on your phone and log in to your ring account
- select the ring device and go to motion settings
- look at the top of your screen and locate the slider. This slider is responsible for the sensitivity of your motion detector.
- swipe the slider all the way to the left to disable to disable motion detection
2. Turn Off Ring Motion Alerts
The next thing you need to do to fully disable your ring camera is to turn off the motion recording alerts.
Sometimes your camera needs a break so let's find out how to do that by turning off motion notifications.
Here’s how to do it.
- Launch the ring app
- In the ring app, select your ring doorbell device
- locate motion settings and tap “motion schedule”
- Disable the custom time and day set for the motion alerts and save
- Motion alerts are now disabled
3. Switch Off Motion Recording
The last thing you need to do to completely disable your ring camera is to turn off the motion record control on your ring device.
Make sure to complete the steps we've discussed earlier before this step.
To fully disable your ring camera, do the following.
- Open the ring app
- Tap “Ring Doorbell” and then tap “Motion Record”
- This will turn off the record motion control
- Your ring camera should also switch off and disable recording
4. Still Can't Disable Your Ring Camera?
If you have trouble with disabling your ring camera, here are some steps you can take
- Delete and download the ring app
- Restart your Wi-Fi
- Restart your phone
- Unplug your camera smart plug for at least 10 seconds and plug in again
There are cases where a camera can suddenly freeze for no apparent reason. The solution to this is to cut the power supply by removing the battery or unplugging the camera from its primary power source.
Pros And Cons Of Ring Cameras
Ring cameras are now used in neighborhoods around the world.
While they can make your home and even neighbors safer, there are certain aspects that some people might dislike.
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Two-way talk
- Built-in alerts
- Built-in sirens
- Available night vision
- Ability to share with Neighbors App
With the addition of the Neighbors App, family neighborhoods have never been safer. Now, you can not only monitor your own home from any place in the world. You can also share it with your neighbors. This takes your home safety to the next level.
- Privacy concerns
- Security flaws (this is unlikely as ring doorbells have proven to be quite secure, and only skilled hackers can break its system)
- No time scheduling in certain models
- Short battery life
The only real downside of a ring device is that it is on all the time and records everything it sees. This has raised concerns among many people. However, this is necessary if you want to keep your home fully secure. Remember, thieves are ready and waiting for you to make a bad move.
Ring cameras can be a great way to keep an eye on your property, but there may be times when you want to disable the camera for a short period of time. In this post, we’ve outlined three different ways of how to turn off Ring camera temporarily. Each method has its own benefits and drawbacks, so choose the one that best suits your needs.