Our team did the proper research and testing, and we ultimately determined that the best 24-inch Smart TV is currently the Insignia 24F202NA22. We chose this model because of its full 1080P HD display, DTS TruSurround support and an integrated Fire TV & Alexa voice remote at a reasonable price-point.
The runner-up choice is VIZIO's D24F4-J01 which comes in around a similar price-point and overall feature set. While this model offers integrated support for Google Chromecast (via Smartcast technology) and Apple Airplay, the overall smart TV experience isn't as refined as the integrated Fire TV within the Insignia model above.
Our budget choice is going to be Insignia's NS24DF310NA21 model which is very similar to our Editor's Choice, but dropping the display down from 1080P FHD to 720P HD. While this will result in a notable drop in picture quality, it also is cheaper for Insignia to produce thus why the price is lower, and you'll still get access to the integrated Fire TV component.
- 1080p Full HD resolution within a 24-inch panel
- Alexa voice control using the Alexa Voice Remote
- Full Fire TV experience built-in with lots of supported apps and integrations
- DTS TruSurround - immersive surround sound experience through the TV’s speakers
- 1080p HD, Full Array LED backlight offers excellent picture performance
- IQ Picture Processor - superior processing, faster navigation, and quicker load times
- V-Gaming Engine - automatically optimizes picture mode for gaming
- SmartCast - Google's Chromecast built-in for integration and display mirroring
- 720P HD resolution within a 24-inch panel
- Voice remote with Alexa
- Fire TV experience built-in
- Smart TV with access to streaming services for countless entertainment options
- Our Top 24 Inch Smart TVs for 2022
- Why Are There So Few 24-inch Smart TV Options?
- Should I Just Buy a 24-inch Monitor Instead?
- Final Thoughts
In this day and age, it's hard to find a television that doesn't come equipped with smart features. But when you're looking for the best 24-inch smart TV, that can be a bit of a challenge as not many manufacturers are focusing on HDTVs that are this small given it is a smaller segment of the overall television market.
In this buyer's guide, we'll take you through some of the best options on the market so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you. We'll talk about how to pick a product, detail some of the best options on the market and walk you through some frequently asked questions.
Our Top 24 Inch Smart TVs for 2022
- 1080p resolution - View your favorite movies, shows and games in high...
- Alexa voice control - The Alexa Voice Remote lets you easily control your...
- Fire TV experience built-in - Watch over 1 Million streaming movies and TV...
- DTS TruSurround - This multi-channel format creates an immersive surround...
Editor's Choice: Insignia NS-24F202NA22 24-inch Smart LED TV
The Insignia NS-24F202NA22 24-inch Smart TV is a great choice for anyone looking for a HDTV with smart features. It features a full 1080p resolution TV screen, Alexa voice control and the Fire TV experience built-in, thus giving you potential access to over a million streaming movies and TV episodes.
Amazon's Fire TV streaming accessories are our personal favorite SmartOS for televisions. It offers a great user experience, plenty of supported applications and frequent updates to ensure it is always supporting the latest and greatest streaming services.
With DTS TruSurround support, you'll get the capabilities of a surround sound experience while only utilizing the two integrated stereo speakers within this 24-inch smart TV. This type of additional audio functionality helps you feel more immersed while you watch live TV, your favorite movies, or viewing content via the integrated streaming apps.
- 1080p High-Definition - Watch TV in crisp, clear 1080p Full HD resolution...
- Full Array LED Backlight - Evenly distributed LEDs across the screen’s...
- IQ Picture Processor - Delivers superior picture processing, faster...
- V-Gaming Engine - Automatically optimizes picture mode for gaming and makes...
Runner Up: VIZIO D24F4-J0 Smart TV
The VIZIO D-Series 24-inch Smart TV is a great choice for those looking for a quality 1080p HD picture quality. The TV features Full Array LED Backlighting and an IQ Picture Processor for brilliant picture quality, as well as the V-Gaming Engine for optimized gaming performance.
Additionally, the TV comes equipped with built in Wi-Fi as well as SmartCast support (same as Google Chromecast, works with YouTube, Amazon, Twitch, etc.) and WatchFree+, making it easy to find and enjoy your favorite content on-demand via various free streaming channels. You can control the TV using the VIZIO Smartcast mobile app if you don't want to use the standard remote.
VIZIO makes great televisions for all sorts of budgets, and they are one of our best value picks when it comes to modern TV manufacturers. Their TVs are feature-packed, solid build quality and usually priced significantly less than competing models from larger manufacturers like LG TV or Samsung.
- THE WORLD'S 1st DO-IT-ALL SCREEN: The monitor for every side of life. Get...
- STREAM ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT (SMART TV APPS):Binge watching got even...
- MOBILE MEETS BIG SCREEN (MOBILE CONNECTIVITY): Wireless DeX unlocks a full...
- CONNECT WITH WORLD'S FIRST AIRPLAY 2 MONITOR (AIRPLAY 2): With a...
SAMSUNG M5 Smart Monitor & Streaming TV
The Samsung M5 Series model is a 24-inch 1080P FHD smart computer monitor that is perfect for entertainment and productivity. It has a built-in Microsoft Office 365 and allows access to a host of entertainment apps without a PC including Netflix, YouTube & HBO thanks to Samsung's TIZEN SmartOS.
The M5 also has wireless DeX capabilities, which allows mobile productivity apps to be used on the display. The AirPlay 2 integration also lets users work and play on the big screen natively using Apple devices. Keep in mind, while it does offer two HDMI ports and a USB port, it does not have your standard coaxial input for hooking up to an analog cable connection or any sort of built-in TV tuner.
However, if you are using a digital cable or satellite box, you can connect it via an HDMI port on the back of the M5 and still enjoyall the endless entertainment or simply opt for one of the integrated streaming platforms to enjoy your video content.
- Voice remote with Alexa: Use your voice to watch live TV, launch apps,...
- Fire TV experience built-in - Watch over 1 Million streaming movies and TV...
- Access your favorite content: Fire TV seamlessly integrates live...
- Smart TV with access to streaming services for countless entertainment...
Budget Choice: Insignia NS-24DF310NA2 720p TV
Insignia's NS-24DF310NA21 24-inch Smart HD 720p TV is a great device for those who want a quality viewing experience with access to plenty of streaming content. The TV has a Fire TV experience built in and has apps for streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. It comes with a voice remote with Alexa support for those that seek a voice control feature.
This is our budget pick and the little brother model to our Editor's Choice. Since Insignia dropped the display down from 1080P FHD to just 720P HD resolution, you will experience a lower, but still good picture quality when compared to a full HD smart TV, although this is justified by some buyers for the drop in price.
- VIZIO Internet Apps Plus: Instantly enjoy the latest hit movies, TV shows,...
- Edge Lit LED backlight: Distributes LEDs along the edge of the screen for a...
- 3; Built in Wi Fi: Connect with high speed wireless for easy, clutter free...
- 4; 1 HDMI ports: perfect for connecting all your high definition...
VIZIO D24-D1 D-Series 24″ Class LED Smart TV
The VIZIO D24-D1 D-Series 24″ Class LED Smart TV is a great option for those looking for a quality television. It features a brilliant picture with an Edge Lit LED backlight and has built in Wi-Fi for easy Internet access. Additionally, it has one HDMI port and one USB port for easy connectivity to all your devices.
Unlike the other VIZIO model recommended above, this is the older version which utilizes VIZIO's prior smart TV functionality. While it still offers great picture quality, the smart TV experience in this 24 inch TV is sluggish and not as featured packed as the built-in Chromecast and smart apps found in the newer VIZIO model chosen as our runner-up choice.
Why Are There So Few 24-inch Smart TV Options?
If you've been doing research on these 24-inch Smart TV models, you've likely noticed that there simply aren't a lot of small format televisions on the market offering this screen size especially offering smart features. This has to do with a few things in my opinion.
First, the overall television market is slowly shrinking as most people are opting for laptops, tablets and even smartphones to fulfill their television needs in this streaming age that we are living in today.
Second, the market for 24-inch Smart TVs is actually not that big due to the fact that most people find 32-inch TVs as a good starting size for their TV needs as it's not too big, not too small and usually priced not much more than a 24-inch model.
Third, when it comes to picture quality, 720p TVs are getting pretty much phased out by the industry, so finding a stand-alone 24-inch 1080p TV with smart features is a tough find besides the model exceptions that we have listed within this guide.
Should I Just Buy a 24-inch Monitor Instead?
A common question that consumers have when trying to find the best 24-inch smart TV is whether or not they should simply look for a 24-inch computer monitor instead, as they often are cheaper, offer the same screen resolution with hgreavisuals in a more pleasant looking form-factor.
However, there are a lot of downsides to this as well. Here are the most notable:
- Most computer monitors do not offer full range stereo speakers for consuming the sound of your home entertainment. Those that do are often plagued by underpowered and the resulting audio quality is really not a great listening experience.
- The vast majority of computer monitors will not offer any sort of smart functionality like a Chromecast built-in or have the ability to launch apps to stream movies or TV shows. You'll often need to hook up game consoles, a smart blu-ray player, PC or other smart devices to achieve such functionality or watch TV.
- While there are some exceptions, like the M5 above, most monitors will not come with any sort of remote control or support hands free voice commands to control your basic TV functions like other traditional Smart TVs would offer.
- While a computer monitor might be a suitable look in an office setting, they just don't look that great when placed in a traditional home entertainment center or in a setting like a kitchen or child's playroom.
For some people, a computer monitor might be an adequate fit, but for most households, a traditional 24-inch Smart TV is the only real viable option. Either that, or you can bump up to a 32-inch smart TV and get a lot more options at a larger size and only a small step up in price.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a 24-inch smart TV, there are not a lot of great options on the market due to low demand and manufacturer interest. However, we did our best to curate the above list of some of the best models that you can buy today.
To touch back on our selections, we think the 24F202NA22 mode by Insignia is the best choice overall thanks to it's solid balance of features and performance that will offer crisp and detailed visuals without breaking the bank.
Our runner-up choice is the D24F4-J01 model by VIZIO which lacks a few of the bells and whistles of Insignia like Fire TV and TruSurround support while still offering a great viewing experience and endless entertainment for those who want to utilize the built-in Chromecast and Apple Airplay functionality.