Ubisoft's Assassins Creed Unity has been a big hit with the gaming community despite some nasty bugs plaguing its launch. A new leak has emerged provided juicy details about the company's plans for the next installment in the Assassins series. The great people over at Kotaku were able to get ahold of this leaked information so we will give you the condensed version of their longer article which can be read here.
- The next installment will be called Assassins Creed Victory and is scheduled to be released in Fall 2015
- It is currently being developed by Ubisoft's Quebec studio which differs from the Montreal Studio who has worked on all the previous titles
- Victory will only be available for the PC and next-gen consoles so those who have yet to pick up a PS4 or Xbox One should plan accordingly
- The game is set in London, England during the Victorian period with iconic landmarks like Big Ben being present within the playable environments.
- Fights can break out on top of moving vehicles and within train-cars
- The new assassin can utilize a grappling hook, an item that was not found in previous titles and could revolutionize the mechanics of the series
- Victory relies on the same internal Ubisoft graphics engine, Anvil, which was previously used within Unity
After receiving the leak, Kotaku reached out to Ubisoft for a comment. This is their reply:
It is always unfortunate when internal assets, not intended for public consumption, are leaked. And, while we certainly welcome anticipation for all of our upcoming titles, we're disappointed for our fans, and our development team, that this conceptual asset is now public. The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years, and we're excited to officially unveil what the studio has been working on at a later date. In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed Unity for players.
Via/Image Credit: Kotaku
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.