With NAB just around the corner, Sony pulled out a big announcement today in NYC. While many anticipated new camera announcements at the convention next week in Las Vegas, the company announced their new professional flagship camera dubbed the ‘a9'.
While many mirrorless shooters are satisfied with their a6500, a7SII or a7RII, the a9 caters to a whole different crowd. Focused on fast-paced photography, the a9 is a high speed beast capable of shooting 20fps for up to 241 RAW or 362 JPEG images making it a sports or wildlife shooters dream.
The high-end camera packs a great deal of competitive features including:
- New 24.2MP full-frame stacked CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Dual SD slots
- Redesigned battery that offers 480 shots per charge (optional battery grip offers 950)
- 5-axis SteadyShot Inside stabilization (offering up to five stops of shake reduction)
- 693-point AD with 93% coverage
- 3″ 1.44m-Dot tilting touchscreen display
- Blackout-free quad-vga 3.7m-dot OLED EVF
- 20fps with electronic shutter (5fps with mechanical)
- Max ISO of 204,800
- Internal UHD 4K & S-Log3 gamma
- Silent shooting mode
- Internal LAN and PC Sync terminals
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.