Rumors have been circulating for the past few months regarding a replacement for Sony's high mega-pixel E-mount model, the a7R. While some expected it to be announced at NAB, it wasn't until just a few hours ago that the model was officially unveiled and touts some surprising specifications for the price.
Here's the full list of specs:
- 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- 399 Phase-Detect AF Points & 5 fps Burst
- Internal 4K XAVC S Video & S-Log2 Gamma
- 0.5″ 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3.0″ 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor\
- ISO 102,400 and Silent Shutter Mode
- Durable Reduced-Vibration Shutter Design
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
The a7RII will be sold for $3200 which is $1000 more than the previous generation though it packs a lot more punch, more specifically with innovative features in the video realm. B&H is opening pre-orders for the new camera starting on June 17th although it won't ship until August. I'll be pre-ordering on the 17th so stay tuned for a full review by the end of August.
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.