A few weeks back, GoPro announced a big update for their line of Hero 4 cameras which promised to bring new features and functionality to these models. As of today, the company pushed out this new firmware to all Hero 4 owners and they can update via the GoPro App or GoPro Hero Studio software.
Here's a quick overview of the notable changes that have come to the Hero 4 line:
HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver
- Time lapse video mode – Capture Time Lapse videos automatically—no post-production needed. Showcase a sunrise, road trip or family gathering as a short, sharable video.
- 30/6 burst photo – Introducing a new way to never miss a moment. Capture 30 photos in 6 seconds—perfect for longer duration fast-action activities like surfing and snowboarding.
- Auto rotate – Automatically adjusts capture orientation to right-side up when the camera is mounted upside down.
- Add HiLight Tags during playback – Now you can mark key moments both while recording video and playing back content on the built-in touch display to quickly find highlights for easy editing and sharing.
- 720p240 fps video – Record ultra high frame rate video at a staggering 240 frames per second for liquid smooth slow-motion playback
- 2.7K60 fps video – Capture cinematic, high-resolution 2.7K footage at an impressive 60 frames per second
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.