Panasonic unveiled their new GH4, a next generation micro four thirds camera which is capable of shooting 4K at 24fps. The camera's predecessor is the Panasonic DMC-GH3K which offers 1080P at 60FPS for under $1,000 in today's market value (body only). While the release date and pricing not known at this time, rumors are circulating stating the GH4 body will sell for around $2,000 US. If these rumors are true, this is quite affordable considering Black Magic's Production Camera 4K has hit the market priced at $2,995.
Be sure to check out the sample 4K footage above and stay tuned for any further details on the GH4's release date or pricing info. This is a DSLR video shooter's dream camera as you can probably tell via the technical specifications listed below.
Panasonic GH4 Technical Specifications
- 16.05 Megapixel Micro 4/3 Sensor
- 4096 x 2160 up to 24fps (100Mbps)
- 3840 x 2160 up to 30fps (100Mbps)
- 1080p up to 60fps
- Variable Slow Motion in-camera up to 96fps (not a sync-sound format)
- 200 Mbps (ALL-Intra) or 100 Mbps (IPB) at 1080p
- 2,359K-dot LVF (Live View Finder)
- 3 inch 1,036K-dot Rear Monitor
- 4:2:2 10-bit or 8-bit External HDMI (4:2:0 8-bit internal)
- Cinegamma Modes
- Peaking and Zebras
- ISO 200-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)
- New UHS I Class III SD card (min. 30MB/s) format needed for over 100Mbps
- 1/8? Headphone, 1/8? Microphone, AV Output, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0, Wired Remote Port
- Approx. 50% higher speed signal readout suppresses rolling shutter effect even when using electronic shutter or recording motion image
- 12 fps(AFS) up to approx.40 (including RAW) / approx.100 (excluding RAW) and 7.0 fps(AFC)
- Price: Unknown
- Availability: Unknown
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.