Microsoft's Larry Hyrb, aka Major Nelson, announced a November update for the Xbox One late last month. The revised software began rolling out as of this morning, just in time for tonight's midnight release of the highly-anticipated Halo: The Master Chief Collection. This marks the 10th update for the console since its release just under a year ago, and it has been confirmed to be the last for this calendar year.
The first couple of updates took care of most of the bug fixes so this time the focus is on providing more features and increased customization options including:
- Customizable backgrounds via favorite achievements or game clips
- Gamer profiles now offer the ability to share location, bio, and six of your clips or achievements
- SmartGlass app can now browse other players' profiles and see which friends have played a particular game
- Game clips can now be shared via Twitter
- Live TV viewing through the Xbox One now integrates with Twitter to offer recommendations for TV shows and movies based off trending tweets
Source: PC Mag
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.