Smart home has become a big industry as of recent years with more consumers adapting to the use of smart light bulbs, home surveillance and connected household products. In the past, we have received Netgear's Arlo Q and found their security cameras can stack up to their rival Nest's offering while offering better longterm value.
Earlier today Netgear announced their new Arlo Pro 2. This new product offers the same portability and robust design as their original Arlo Pro line. This allows it to be used both indoors or outdoors either wirelessly or via an optional power cable which unlocks advanced features.
Here is a basic rundown of the Arlo Pro 2 specs:
- 1080P HD video resolution with night vision mode & 130-degree FOV
- 2-way audio via smartphone app
- 100+ decibel alarm that can be trigger by event alerts or manually
- IP65-certified to withstand rain, sun, heat or cold
- Long-lasting internal battery (2400mAh)
- Works with Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, and Stringify
- Sound and motion detection with mobile app or email notifications
- Configurable activity zones for motion/sound alerts (wired only)
- 3-second look back allows short recording before triggered event (wired only)
- Free 7 days of motion and sound events (optional 24/7 recording plans offered)
- Local backup storage option via USB drive and Arlo Pro 2 base station
These are full surveillance systems unlike the Arlo Q so you can either buy the 4-camera (VMS4430P) system for $799.99 MSRP or the 2-camera setup (VMS4230P) for $479.99 MSRP. Each additional camera can be purchased separately for $219.99 each.
You Might Also Enjoy:
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.