Earlier we posted a news article discussing Microsoft's unveiling of their Surface 2 tablet, but this was not the only device they debuted this morning. They also included a revamped and redesigned version of their popular Surface Pro model which is not so cleverly named, the Surface Pro 2.
This year's model has increased specs including:
- 1.6 GHz Intel i5 processor
- Up to 512GB of flash storage (base model is 64GB)
- Up to 8GB of RAM (base model has 4GB)
- 3 USB 2.0 ports
- 1 USB 3.0 port
- Mini DisplayPort
- Ethernet port
- Audio in/out
- New 10.6″ HD 1080P widescreen display
- Improved, longer-lasting battery
- Pro pen stylus allowing you to draw, mark up documents, or take notes
- Improved dual-angle kickstand
- Type Cover 2 keyboard accessory is now 1mm thinner and includes backlighting
- Optional docking station
- Includes one year of unlimited voice calling to landlines via Skype as well as free Skye Wi-Fi at over 2 million hotspots worldwide
- You also get 200 GB more Microsoft SkyDrive storage for 2 years, free of charge with every Surface Pro 2 purchase
The Surface Pro 2 will not be released until October 22nd (same as Surface 2), but pre-orders will begin tomorrow (the 24th) at 8AM EST. The base model which includes a 64GB Surface Pro 2 device packed with 4GB of memory will start at $899 just like the earlier Surface Pro's base model. Stay tuned for more information as it is released!
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.