Samsung has just dropped a new product announcement, and it is quite a bit one. So big in fact that it is the largest consumer tablet ever created, far surpassing that of Apple’s new 12.9″ iPad Pro.
Meet the Samsung Galaxy View, an 18.4″ tablet that is geared for someone with who consumes a great deal of media by way of apps like Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu or Sling TV as the huge display is as close to a native HDTV experience as you can get in a mobile form-factor.
Here’s what we know about the spec sheet thus far:
- 18.4″ display (1080p resolution)
- 2.1MP front camera
- 1.5GHz octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB or 64GB internal storage options (microSD slot present)
- Bluetooth 4.1 BLE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Nano-SIM slot for LTE support
- Internal 5,70mAh battery offers up to 8 hours of use
- Runs Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 275.8mm x 11.9mm x 45.1mm
- Weighs 2.65 kg
As of right now, no pricing or availability date is known.