Rockstar Games has really hit it out of the park with their recent release of the much-anticipated Grand Theft Auto V title. The game has amassed a whopping $1,000,000,000 dollars in sales just in the first 3 days of being released. This is a staggering number that has set a high record for the industry. For example, everyone thought the last Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 was going to hold the title of best-selling launch for a game title for quite some time (at least until Ghosts), but it took COD: BO2 15 days of sales to reach the billion dollar milestone, which is 5 times as long as it took GTA V.
On another note, ‘GTA Online' has drawn lots of commotion over the past month especially since gamers are getting a chance to play the single-player campaign for a full 13 days before getting a chance to experience into the online component. Not much has been announced about GTA Online yet, so many gamers are left in the dark wondering what it will entail exactly.
Here is what we know so far about GTA Online:
- Launches on October 1st, 2013
- Gives the ability to free-roam alone or with friends
- Cooperative play also includes missions, activities, ambient events, and traditional game modes (team deathmatch, etc.)
- Open-world experience supports up to 16 players
- You will create and develop a brand new character (separate from single-player)
- Player customization will include choosing appearance, buying cars, buying property, and taking part in new missions/activies to rise through the criminal ranks
- Grand Theft Auto Online will be continually updated and will evolve over time, bringing new content and creating dynamic play for months to come
- Crews are present (aka clans) that allow players to band together for regular play or face off against other crews
- Crews will have their own leader-boards and reputation points are awarded to crews for completing challenges
- Each player can be a part of up to 5 crews at a time
Stay tuned for more information and read our full in-depth review when it goes live in early October (we have decided to postpone the review until the GTA Online feature is released). If you haven't purchased Grand Theft Auto V yet, you can do so for the cheapest price via Amazon and join in on all the fun!
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.