Google held a mystery event earlier today which resulted in the unveiling of their latest tablet the new Nexus 7 tablet. With the success of their earlier Nexus 7 tablet selling over 7 million units since it’s launch, it was about time Google refreshed the tablet to compete with the likes of their newer competitors.
Here is a quick breakdown of what you can expect from the new Nexus 7’s specs:
- Android 4.3
- 1900 x 1200 display (323 PPI density)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0 capabilities
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage options
- 5.0MP rear camera & a 1.2MP front-facing camera
- 0.3 inches thick, 7.9″ x 4.5″
- Battery life of 9 hours (HD playback) or 10 hours (web browsing)
As for the pricing, they are as follows:
- The 16GB Wi-Fi model will retail for $229
- The 32GB Wi-Fi will model retail for $269
- The 64GB LTE model will retail for $349 (US only)
The new Nexus 7 tablet will be launch in the 16GB & 32GB Wi-Fi versions on June 30th. If you looking for an LTE or global model, these will be released “in the coming weeks”. Stay tuned for any new details as they are revealed!