At the Xbox One's unveiling last May, Microsoft hinted on the potential for original media content that would be exclusively streamable by Xbox owners. While it was a longshot, the idea was still an exciting possibility after reflecting on the potential of an original series from a service like Netflix whom has had major success with hits like House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black.
Since the event, not much has been known about the status of this original content until earlier today when Bloomberg reported that Microsoft has already lined up six series that have already begun production with more are on the way. The Xbox's new TV Studio division is headed by Nancy Tellem, a popular ex-CBS executive that has now taken the reigns on managing the project.
According to Bloomberg, this is what we know so far about the TV series that are currently in the works:
- A sketch show starring Sarah Silverman and Michael Cera
- A stop-animation series created by Seth Green (who is responsible for Robot Chicken)
- Fearless – an unscripted series in which “Australian Navy bomb clearance diver Paul de Gelder, who lost several limbs to a shark attack, aids people who try to make the world a better place”
- Humans – a show based on a “creepy swedish thriller about replicant-like robots”
- Halo – a TV series produced by Steven Spielberg based on the hit Xbox franchise
- Every Street United – a soccer-based show planned for a début in time for the World Cup
If you'd like more information, you can read the full article via the source link below.
As a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and our Managing Editor, Colt loves testing out the newest tech products/services. His goal is to help better educate other consumers to ensure the most satisfying purchases decisions on consumer electronics and services. When he is not working on creating new content, Colt enjoys spending time with his two Australian Shepherds, Mia and Zoey.