BLU Products is a lesser known smartphone manufacturer, but their devices are becoming increasingly more competitive since they are unlocked and affordable. Their latest model to hit the market is the VIVO 4.8 HD which harnesses a unibody design that is ultra-slim, measuring in at only 6.9mm thus becoming the thinnest device on market to use a 4.8-inch or larger AMOLED display.
- Network: 2G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1900, or 850/2100. Single Micro SIM Card Slot.
- Display: 4.8 inch HD 720 x 1280, Super AMOLED HD, Scratch Resistant Touch Panel
- Processor: MediaTek MT6589T Quad-Core 1.5GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- OS: Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- Camera: Rear – 8.0 megapixel, BSI Sensor, autofocus with LED Flash, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps, Front – 5.0 megapixel
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio
- Memory: 16GB internal memory, 1GB RAM, no External Card Slot
- Dimensions: 137 x 70 x 6.9 mm, 135 grams
- Battery: Li-Ion 2000mAh
- Colors: Matte Black, Ceramic White, Electric Neon Yellow, and Glimmer Pink
There are some noticeable specs that are clearly missing from the VIVO including LTE support and a memory card slot, but I don’t think it’s overly important given the price tag and target market (most consumers who’d notice these changes would opt for a Moto X or Nexus 5). Like all other BLU devices, the VIVO 4.8 HD is sold off-contract and unlocked with an MSRP of $249.